You will have access to all our Event Listings, News Articles and Information Channels. We are also developing features that will enable you to organise articles of interest, build communities and connect to people.
Digital Ship Maritime CIO Forum Cyprus
From: 27 Mar, 2018 until: 27 Mar, 2018
Location: Limassol, Cyprus
Digital Ship is pleased to be returning to the port city of Cyprus on 27 March with the next in our series of Maritime CIO Forums taking place at the Carob Mill Restaurant in Limassol.
Venue: Carob Mill Restaurants Ltd, Conference Room: Richard and Berengaria Ballroom, Vasilissis Street (by Limassol Castle), Limassol, Cyprus 3042, Tel: +357 25 820 430, Fax: +357 25 820 474, www.carobmill-restaurants.com
Address: Carob Mill Restaurants, Vasilissis Street, Limassol, Cyprus 3042
Shipping is waking up to a new age where digitalisation is re-shaping the world and creating increased opportunity for development and innovation. Revolutionary concepts plus the evolution and advancement of existing platforms are providing unparalleled growth opportunities for shipping and related transport and supply chain infrastructure. But achieving digital success requires knowledge and understanding, and an ability to drive your company's digital thinking and transformation rather than be driven by it.
In the first in our annual series of Maritime CIO Forums of 2018, taking place in Limassol on 27 March, we will investigate how we can harness these opportunities and will debate which are going to stick and really make a difference. We will ask how can we identify the real digital legacy in front of us and truly re-define digitalisation in maritime and transport.
Session 1: The Maritime Satcom Summit
Investigating the evolution of maritime mobility and connectivity
Session 2: Harnessing Cyber Resilience and Managing Risk
A look at maritime cyber security, safety and risk
Session 3: Blockchain and its Impact on the Maritime Industry
How will Blockchain streamline trade and transport?
Session 4: The iShipping Revolution
Redefining Digitalisation in Maritime
The event will include many networking opportunities, including a post conference Networking Reception on 27 March open to all attendees.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Captain Eugen H Adami, Managing Director, Mastermind Group
- Marios Papatheodotou, Area Sales Manager, Marlink
- Capt. Rohit Tandon, Head of Operations/DPA, FML Ship Management Limited
- Zacharias Siokouros, President, Maritime Institute of Eastern Mediterranean
- Ronald Spithout, President - Maritime, Inmarsat
- Wouter Deknopper, Vice President & General Manager, Maritime, Iridium
- Ken Munro, Security Entrepreneur & Writer, Pen Test Partners
- Piera Di Vito, Technical Officer, European Space Agency
- Rear Admiral Nick Lambert, Director, NLA, Former UK National Hydrographer
- Yiannos Lakkotrypis, CEO, Vassiliko Terminal Services Group
- Peter Ludvigsen, CEO & Founder, Blockshipping
- Rob O’Dwyer, Editor, Digital Ship
- Takis Falidouris, General Manager, Marlink
- Chrysostomos Filippou, Operations Manager, Cyprus Blockchain Technologies Center
- Dr Theodosis Mourouzis, Programme Director of MSc in Business Intelligence & Data Analytics at CIIM, Research Fellow at UCL CBT, Managing Director of Cyprus Blockchain Technologies
- Manuel Valero, Sales Manager, Telenor Satellite
- Andrew Webster, Partner, JLT Specialty
and more to be announced soon
Event contact: firstname.lastname@example.org