You will have access to all our Event Listings, News Articles and Information Channels. We are also developing features that will enable you to organise articles of interest, build communities and connect to people.
The Oxford Bunker Course 2018 - May
From: 14 May, 2018 until: 18 May, 2018
The Oxford Bunker Course is a world-renowned five-day intensive residential training course, designed for newcomers to the business and for those who may already have some experience.
Venue: Cotswold Lodge Hotel
Address: COTSWOLD LODGE HOTEL, 66A BANBURY ROAD, OXFORD OX2 6JP
The programme is led by Nigel Draffin (Course Director), backed by a dedicated team of highly respected experts, spanning every discipline within the international bunker industry. Together, the team ensures that every student leaves the course with a solid understanding and far greater knowledge of the bunker industry.
The programme includes a range of high-quality lectures on the technical, operational, commercial, financial and legal aspects of bunkering, including case studies, discussion groups and practical demonstrations. All students receive comprehensive course documentation for later reference and ongoing training.
A full and exciting social programme - including a tour of Oxford and its University and a course dinner - makes this training course one of the best networking opportunities for newcomers. During the week, all students meet and work with the experts and have an extraordinary opportunity to build long-term relationships with their peers from all sectors of the business.
The course is taught by well-known professionals with many years of experience in the bunker industry. Oxford Bunker Course lecturers include the following:
- Nigel Draffin, Technical Consultant, Lecturer and Author, IBIA Board Member (Course Director)
- Chris Fisher, Marine Engineering and Bunker Consultant
- Bob Thornton, Technical Director, World Fuel Services Inc.
- Peter David, Technical Consultant, BP Marine
- Andrew Preston, Partner, Clyde & Co LLP
- Paul Millar, Managing Director, Bomin Ltd and Head of Global Credit, Bomin Group
- John Stirling, Technical Manager, World Fuel Services
- Llewellyn Bankes-Hughes, Managing Director, Petrospot Ltd
- Michael Green, Global Technical Manager, Intertek Lintec Shipcare Services
Event contact: firstname.lastname@example.org