You will have access to all our Event Listings, News Articles and Information Channels. We are also developing features that will enable you to organise articles of interest, build communities and connect to people.
Bunker Fuel & Ballast Water Compliance Conference & Exhibition 2019 (BuBWCE’19) Are You Ready for 2019/2020?
From: 12 Nov, 2019 until: 14 Nov, 2019
"A Key Gathering for the Fuel Oil & Ballast Water Industries" Conference Connection is pleased to announce its Inaugural Bunker Fuel & Ballast Water Compliance Conference & Exhibition (BuBWCE’19) to be held from 12-14 November 2019 at the Sands Expo & Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore.
Venue: Sands Expo & Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
Address: 10 Bayfront Avenue, Singapore 018956
The dual compliances of IMO’s 0.5% sulphur cap on bunker fuels and ballast water management convention places on shipowners, operators, fuel oil and wider commodity markets, an urgent and demanding obligation to ensure compliance, not least because the dates for compliance are almost upon them but also the far-reaching impact of the regulations on business operations.
The conference will address and show case via Two Tracks, the practical impact, best practices and contingency measures, following adoption of IMO’s 0.5 sulphur cap regulations by 1 January 2020, and the Ballast Water Management Convention already ratified by eighty-one (81) countries and 80% of the global merchant fleet, with the requirement for installing a Ballast Water Management System on ships after 8 September 2019.
The Bunker Fuel Track will address:-
- Availability of low sulphur fuels
- Cost of compliance options
- Prospects for cost recovery and freight rates
- Impact of widening spreads between HSFO and LSFO
- Matching operational risks with financing and credit risk management strategies
- Fuel blend compatibility issues and additive perspectives for marine lubricants
- Prospects of substitution with LNG and LPG
- Impact of a ban on open-loop scrubbers by some Port States and environmental assessment requirements of residue from scrubbers
The Ballast Water Track will emphasize:-
- Shipowners’ perspectives and operational considerations for best practices
- Choosing the right strategies for fleets-treatment systems and trading patterns/retrofitting trends
- Compliance strategies and contingency measures
- Navigating BWM regulations, legal enforcement and arbitration
- Role of P&I Clubs for the risks and challenges of BWM
- Financial perspectives-securing finance, impact on bottom line and financial risks of non-compliance
- Choosing your system supplier and understanding testing and monitoring technologies
- Challenges of system design limitations
For further information, contact us at:
T: +65 6338 0064, E: email@example.com, W: www.bubwce19.com
Event contact: firstname.lastname@example.org