You will have access to all our Event Listings, News Articles and Information Channels. We are also developing features that will enable you to organise articles of interest, build communities and connect to people.
Waterfront Conference Company
The Future of Rail Signalling: The Transition to ERTMS
Our Events and News
We currently have no events to display
Address: Fleet House, New Bridge Street, London EC4V 6AL United Kingdom
How to prepare for a new signalling system and implication for operators & rolling stock
The way rail signalling will occur in the UK is changing. The shift has already begun but in the coming years signalling will move away from being infrastructure based, to actually being fitted in the train itself. There are already areas of the UK where this system is being used and procurement of the new technology is in process, meaning this is a key consideration for franchising bids and an issue that needs to be considered now.
The one day event, The Future of Rail Signalling: The Transition to ERTMS, will address a number of important topics including the latest updates on the change to ERTMS, potential issues and pitfalls that might occur with the changeover, and will consider who is responsible for the transition. Join the discussion on how the change can best be implemented and if the transition will ultimately help improve network capacity.
The day will provide a strategic overview on how to approach the transition and examine the implications for different parties including both freight and passenger trains. Attend to understand how to plan for the transition, how fitment of ETCS to update existing rolling stock will progress, and what you need to know to train and prepare staff.
Take a look at The Future of Rail Signalling: The Transition to ERTMS draft programme – to receive updates on the programme and for speaker announcements, please follow us @WFrail or email us.
Benefits of attending:
- Hear an update on the new traffic management system including the latest plans and timetables
- Find out how the transition to ERTMS is being included in franchise bids exploring which routes will be changing first and how these timelines will effect different franchises
- Ensure you are prepared for the change and can provide the required knowledge and skills to your staff
- Explore different perspectives on how the new form of signalling will impact rail users including both the freight and passenger perspective
- Understand how ETCS fitment is progressing and how this will be incorporated into plans for current and future rolling stock
Take a look at the programme.